Butternut Pumpkin, Ginger And Turmeric Soup
Soup is the perfect meal for winter, so why not enjoy one that won't only taste incredible, but will help keep the flu away too!
1kg of butternut pumpkin
1 large brown onion
3 cloves of garlic
3cm piece of ginger
2cm piece of turmeric
3 cups (750ml) of vegetable stock
200ml of coconut milk
Squeeze of lime juice
Salt and pepper
A handful of pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180°c or 160°c fan forced
2. Chop pumpkin into chunks and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and roast until pumpkin has lightly softened
3. Finely chop onion, garlic and turmeric and grate ginger. Saute in a pot on a medium heat until soft
4. Add pumpkin, vegetable stock, coconut milk, a squeeze of lime juice, parsley, salt and pepper to the pot
5. Bring to the boil and reduce to a low-medium heat. Cook for a further 30 minutes.
6. Using a handheld blender, blend the soup until smooth.
7. Serve with a dash of cream, pumpkin seeds and warm crusty bread