How To Make Perfect Poached Eggs
Use this technique to cook the perfect poached egg. (Be warned – it can take time to master)
1. Heat a pot of water on the stove (the water should be simmering, but not yet boiling)
2. Add a small amount of vinegar to the water
3. Crack an egg into a small cup or ramekin dish
4. Carefully stir the water to create a whirlpool in the pot. This is important as it helps the white of the egg wrap around the yolk
5. Gently pour the egg into the water and let the egg cook for around 3 minutes.
6. Remove the egg from the pot and set it to dry on a piece of paper towel in order to drain off excess water before serving
Tip: For best results use an egg that is very fresh.
There you have it. The perfect poached egg. Remember, practice makes perfect!