Almond and Coconut Granola Recipe
Looking for the perfect healthy breakfast? Here’s how to make your own delicious homemade granola without breaking the bank!
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
3 teaspoons of almond spread
1 1/3 cups of almonds
1 cup of dates
1/2 a cup of desiccated coconut
1/2 a cup of coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 140°c or 120°c for fan-forced ovens. Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper
2. Combine coconut oil, rice malt syrup and almond spread in a bowl
3. Roughly chop almonds and dates
4. Using a spoon, stir in almonds, dates, desiccated coconut and coconut flakes until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
5. Spread mixture onto the baking tray and sprinkle with extra coconut flakes if desired.
6. Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes (turning mixture halfway) or until granola is lightly browned and crunchy.
7. Let the granola cool before transferring to a container
*Granola is best eaten within a week of making